Re: [Axiom-developer] Build breakage on FreeBSD with GCL-2.6.3

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Build breakage on FreeBSD with GCL-2.6.3
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:45:37 -0400

Camm, Mark,

Perhaps we should make a separate system build name such as
 'external'
to handle these builds.

The design of the axiom makefile build tree is that each system,
such as linux, which requires changes in the makefiles to build
has its own build name. Thus, to build on a solaris system one
sets the AXIOM variable:

  (path)/axiom/mnt/solaris

which causes the top level Makefile to dynamically generate

  Makefile.solaris

These changes for an external lisp should properly be added to
the top level Makefile.pamphlet, a new build name such as 'external'
should be defined. Then the AXIOM variable would be set to:

  (path)/axiom/mnt/external

which causes the top level Makefile to dynamically generate

  Makefile.external

to handle all of the changes. I'll look at your patches and
see if I can incorporate them into the main branch rather than
apply them as patches.