[Axiom-developer] some questions

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] some questions
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:22:23 -0700

1) How can I get axiom to generate output that is the same as its input?

2) How can I get axiom to save the result of a computation to a file?

3) The help system seems to be hosed on my debian system:

    (34) -> )help help
    If the system command or synonym help exists, help information is
    not available for it. Issue )what commands or )what synonyms to
    determine is help is a valid name.

4) How can I suppress all output?
   On the axiom/latexwiki pages, \begin{axiom}...\end{axiom} blocks are
   broken up into multiple output blocks.  It might be desirable to let
   the user have control over what is in a block and what is not.
   Suppressing output with ';' might be a good place to break output.
   See http://test.axiom-developer.org/Members/mcelrath/Kxaxiomtest to
   see what I'm talking about.

I was thinking about someone's question of adding additional
computations to a page in comments.  One way to do this would be to save
the axiom state to a file (one for each page) and then load it when
executing axiom statements in comments.  It looks like ')display names'
will tell you about user-defined names, and that should be all that is
necessary to save, I think.  I continue to worry about long computations
done on a web page...saving intermediate results might be a very good
way to go.

Of course, this requires the ability to output in input format, and to
save to a file...

Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.