Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom crashing in Zope-Plone

From: Hans Peter Wuermli
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom crashing in Zope-Plone
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:55:46 +0200

Dear Bob, Bill

Thank you both for the help. Even though most of the times I am rather
interested in understanding how something works, this time I was just as
interested in getting it to run. And thanks to your help, it did.

As Bob mentioned that it could be a problem with the build I used, I
downloaded the source and for the last 6 1/2 hours my computer was compiling
(it still is but just the documentation). (By the way: the only compile
problem I had were scripts in scr/scripts without the exe bit set.)

I had looked a long time what a WEXITSTATUS of 139 meant. Even though some
mail I found expressed 139 as 128 + 11 with 11 the termination signal for a
segmentation faulting process, I still have not found (or understood) in the
linux source the line it says so. Some Posix text said: status for signal
should be higher than 128 (but without a hint for a standard). So I have no
doubt that the 139 expresses that Axiom had caused a segmentation fault, easy
to find and to understand documentation seems rare.

With best regards, H.P.