[Axiom-developer] How to use ALDOR within AXIOM

From: Ralf HEMMECKE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] How to use ALDOR within AXIOM
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:17:24 +0200

Hi Martin,

Martin Rubey wrote:
#include "axiom.as"

fact(n: PositiveInteger): PositiveInteger == {
    n <= 1 => 1;
    res: PositiveInteger := 1;
    while n > 1 repeat {
        res := res * n;
        n := n-1;
    }
    res
 }

I have put this into the file ff.as started axiom and then the following

(1) -> )compile ff
   Compiling AXIOM source code from file /home/hemmecke/ff.as using
      AXIOM-XL compiler and options
-O -Fasy -Fao -Flsp -laxiom -Mno-AXL_W_WillObsolete -DAxiom -Y $AXIOM/../../share/algebra
      Use the system command )set compiler args to change these
      options.
   Compiling Lisp source code from file ./ff.lsp
   Issuing )library command for ff
   Reading ff.asy
(1) -> fact 4

   (1)  24

So what is the problem?

Well, this was not OpenAxiom, but the NAG version. So at least this should be the way to use the aldor compiler.

But, under OpenAxiom, I cannot do this.

(1) -> )compile ff
   Compiling AXIOM source code from file
      /z_mnt/kludge/zlocal/md8/hemmecke/ff.as using AXIOM-XL compiler
      and options
-O -Fasy -Fao -Flsp -laxiom -Mno-AXL_W_WillObsolete -DAxiom -Y $AXIOM/algebra
      Use the system command )set compiler args to change these
      options.

   >> System error:
   Cannot get the truename of "/zvol/axiom/axiom/mnt/linux/compiler/bin/".

protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)

I have AXIOM=/zvol/axiom/axiom/mnt/linux and a compiler directory in there is missing. So I said

ln -s /zvol/aldor/Linux $AXIOM/compiler

where /zvol/aldor/Linux is the root of my aldor installation.

I've found libaxiom.al in the CVS directory so...

ln -s /zvol/axiom/cvs/axiom/src/share/algebra/libaxiom.al \
   $AXIOM/compiler/lib

And I've put the file axiom.as

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-mail/2004-09/msg00033.html

into $AXIOM/compiler/include.

Then I started Axiom and...

(1) -> )compile ff
   Compiling AXIOM source code from file
      /z_mnt/kludge/zlocal/md8/hemmecke/ff.as using AXIOM-XL compiler
      and options
-O -Fasy -Fao -Flsp -laxiom -Mno-AXL_W_WillObsolete -DAxiom -Y $AXIOM/algebra
      Use the system command )set compiler args to change these
      options.

   >> System error:
#p"/z_mnt/kludge/zlocal/md6/aldor/aldor/linux-libc2.2.5/1.0.2/bin/" is not of type STRING.

protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)

The directory after the #p is the the same as /zvol/aldor/Linux/bin.

Does someone have an idea where this error comes from and maybe how to resolve it?

Ralf