RE: [Axiom-developer] _*STANDARD_-OUTPUT_* and similar

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] _*STANDARD_-OUTPUT_* and similar
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:25:06 -0400

Tim,

I don't think the problem here has anything to do with
strange line breaks. As far as I can tell these are
artifically inserted by the email system on long lines.
The issue that Mike was pointing at was the use of the
_ in the name

  read_-line

My explanation is that the _ acts as an escape so that
- is parsed as part of the name and not an operator.
Does this make sense to you? Is it true that this use
of _ appears first at the bootsys level of the code?

On Thursday, October 07, 2004 11:54 PM you wrote
to Mike Thomas: