[Axiom-developer] Re: PREFIX question

From: Mark Murray
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: PREFIX question
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:01:06 +0000

Tim Daly writes:
> Mark,
>
> I'm working on your patches. I notice that you use ${PREFIX}.
> Where is this set?
>
> +COMMAND=${PREFIX}/bin/axiom
> +COMMAND1=${PREFIX}/bin/AXIOMsys
> +TANGLE=notangle

Ah. I pass it into the build environmewnt with something along
the lines of

gmake PREFIX=/usr/local <whatever>

I guess it would make sense to have a

PREFIX?=/usr/local

line in Makefile.pamplet or some other such useful place.

Hmm. Junst thinking. It may also make sense to have

TANGLE?=/your/path/to/tangle

note the '?=' to make it command-line overridable; and it
would be useful to have similar constructs for some of the
other things that the sysadmin may want to tweak in the
build/install.

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH