Re: [Axiom-developer] Calculemus

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Calculemus
Date: 22 Nov 2004 12:13:01 -0500

Greetings!

root <address@hidden> writes:

> Dylan,
>
> Yes, I did see that actually.
>
> One of the proposed pieces of work with Axiom is to join it with
> ACL2. There have been email discussions with that group (Kaufmann,
> Boyer, and Moore) about it in the past.
>
> ACL2 and Axiom are both written in common lisp and both run on GCL
> so it would be straightforward to load them into the same image.
> Cover functions could be created in axiom (since axiom code can
> directly call lisp code).

This could be very interesting.  As you've said, luckily, the
technical aspects of the combination should be trivial, as both
projects have a thorough workout atop the same GCL image, at least in
the Debian autobuilding infrastructure.  The key of course lies in the
actual logic of the connections themselves.  I have a reasonably good
relationship with the ACL2 authors if/when we would like to solicit
their help/advice.

Take care,