Re: [Axiom-developer] space in ++ description

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] space in ++ description
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:16:59 +0200

Hi Greg,

very nice that you have trouble with that. ;-)

No, you are not alone. I have NEVER seen a clear explanation of how
++ comments should be written. And that was one of the reasons why I finally decided to introduce my own syntax (which is just a set of 5 TeX commands

\adtype \adthistype  (markup for types)
\adname \adthisname  (markup for constants and functions)
\adcode              (markup for code pieces)

and the following environments

adusage
adparameters
addescription
adexception
adremarks
adseealso
adsnippet  (for longer pieces of code)

and additionally the WHOLE power of LaTeX.

If you want to find out more look at the section about aldordoc.sty in ALLPROSE. And if you follow some simple and natural conventions in ALLPROSE, you will even get all things hyperlinked (in pdf, dvi, and html). No way, however, to help you to produce nice things for hyperdoc.

I hope some day the aldordoc.sty way of typesetting +++ comments becomes standard.

Anyway, you should write in a literate programming style. Your code looks as if you are doing something else. ;-)