[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [370] branches/w

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [370] branches/wh-sandbox
Date: 04 Dec 2006 15:53:31 +0100

address@hidden writes:

[...]

| Modified: branches/wh-sandbox/ChangeLog.wh
| ===================================================================
| --- branches/wh-sandbox/ChangeLog.wh  2006-12-04 10:35:05 UTC (rev 369)
| +++ branches/wh-sandbox/ChangeLog.wh  2006-12-04 13:46:51 UTC (rev 370)
| @@ -1,3 +1,11 @@
| +2006-12-04  Waldek Hebisch  <address@hidden>
| +
| +     * src/input/Makefile.pamphlet: make names of temporary files
| +     unique (needed for parallel build). Remove references to deleted
| +     files (fix breakage due to v364).

Hi Waldek,

   I considered parallel build for src/input/ but decided (for the
moment) that it should not follow the parallel flow.  The reason is
that with parallel build, the outputs are interleaved so it is hard to
see which output comes from what.  Consequently, it is simpler to let
the regression test run sequentially.  I believe the fix will be to
move the regression tests to a separate directory and mark its
corresponding Makefile as .NOTPARALLEL.  I did not do that, that is why
I did not send a message to the list saying that parallel build is
now supported :-)

   BTW, I'm pretty sure I broke parallel build recently :-/

-- Gaby