Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [370]branche

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [370]branches/wh-sandbox
Date: 04 Dec 2006 19:23:05 +0100

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
| > |
| > | I agree that the build should not normally echo the literal
| > | output of the tests.
| >
| > It does not follow that the output should be suppressed or
| > interleaved.
| >

| Gaby, did you notice that I wrote about removing 'tee' command
| from the test line?

Yes -- and I'm familiar with how the regression test is set up in
src/input; see the ChangeLog :-)

| I would call this avoiding duplication,
| you chose to call this "suppressing output".

Yes -- by output I meant what is "displayed", see my other mail.  I'm
not talking of what is saved in .output.  Somehow, you seem to be
believe that I don't make the difference :-(

| BTW: One thing is if we want to run tests in paralell (you seem
| to prefer serial execution), another is avoiding bugs when
| somene prefers paralell run.

You said you have a build problem.  But tha answer to that problem is
to have a separate rule for check when you're interested i build only.

-- Gaby