RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:14:22 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Vanuxem Gregory wrote:

| --- /usr/local/axiom-testing/src/interp/patches.lisp.pamphlet
| +++ axiom-windows/AxiomOnWindows/src/interp/patches.lisp.pamphlet
| @@ -66,8 +123,8 @@
|  ;; browser stuff:
|  #+:UNIX (defvar |$standard| 't)
|  #-:UNIX (defvar |$standard| 'nil)
| -#+:UNIX (defvar |$saturn| 'nil)
| -#-:UNIX (defvar |$saturn| 't)
| +#+(or :UNIX :WINNT) (defvar |$saturn| 'nil)
| +#-(or :UNIX :WINNT) (defvar |$saturn| 't)
|
| ? (diff between build-improvements and AxiomOnWindows branch)
|
| See src/interp/i-toplev.boot.pamphlet, the function printTypeAndTime. Or
| if you prefer type in an Axiom session:

Yes, that does the trick for me.  Thanks for the pointer.

Again, I must rant about this irritating puzzle-ridding habit of Axiom
testing for platforms when, in fact, it is interested in
*functionalities*.  We should not be testing for platform in this
specific case, we should be testing for functionality.

-- Gaby