[Axiom-developer] Re: building wh-sandbox on SuSE 10.2

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: building wh-sandbox on SuSE 10.2
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:45:49 -0500

Quoting Bill Page:

I just tried to build wh-sandbox on a SuSE 10.2 linux system. Everything seems to compile normally up to the point of building
hyperdoc and ends with the error message:

  No rule to make target `all-ax'.

After investigating this a little more I found that the file

  src/hyper/Makefile

in my out-of-source build directory was incomplete. It seemed
to contain only the standard header stanzas but none of the
contents of

  src/hyper/Makefile.in

from the source directory.

I do not know the exact cause, however after re-running configure
in the build directory the problem was corrected and I was able to
complete the build by simply re-starting 'make'.

The only difference that I am aware of between the first time I
ran 'configure' and the second time was that previously I had
not yet installed 'latex'. I am not sure if this might have triggered
the problem.

In any case, I can now report a successful build on OpenSuSE 10.2.