RE: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:29:12 -0500

Greg,

So far I have two problems with axiom-sbcl-win to report:

1) The )cd command does not work as expected. Here is an
   example with my comments marked --->

-------

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASUS\Desktop>set
AXIOM=C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\axiom-sbcl-win

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASUS\Desktop>cd "c:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator.ASUS\My Documents"

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASUS\My
Documents>C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\axiom-sbcl-win\bin\interpsys

This is SBCL 1.0, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.

This is experimental prerelease support for the Windows platform: use
at your own risk.  "Your Kitten of Death awaits!"
-
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.
-

(1) -> )sys cd
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASUS\My Documents

---> The current system path is correct.

(1) -> )cd
   The current AXIOM default directory is
      C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASUS\

---> This current directory is wrong. So this file is not found.

(1) -> )co FOO.spad

   The file FOO.spad is needed but does not exist.

---> But we can set it explicitly

(1) -> )cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASUS\My Documents"
   The current AXIOM default directory is
      C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASUS\My Documents\

---> Now it works.

(1) -> )co FOO.spad
   Compiling AXIOM source code from file
      C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ASUS\My Documents\FOO.spad
using old system compiler.

---> The package is compiled (FASL) and loaded and executes as
     expected. Great!

---------

Note: This problem occurs even if the path does not contain any
spaces.

But here is the second problem.

2) If I compile the same file twice, the existing compiler output is
not replaced:

(1) -> )co FOO.spad
   finalizing NRLIB FOO

   >> System error:

Win32 Error address@hidden - 183
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Note: This re-compile problem does *not* occur if the current
directory is set to a path that contains no spaces.