Re: [Axiom-developer] A first attempt at a notangle in Lisp

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] A first attempt at a notangle in Lisp
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:27:05 -0800 (PST)

--- Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The Emacs mode is nice but that syntax highlighting problem is
> > annoying and is apparently a limitation of mmm-mode
>
> Well, I thought you in particular could trace that bug somehow.

I probably can, but my current (imperfect) understanding of the issue
is that it is buried deeply in the controlling of the Emacs syntax
highlighting routines and how they work.  It would probably involve
some serious greasemonkey work on mmm-mode's guts (I don't think
mmm-mode is being actively developed any more), and if I'm going to do
that I would rather turn the whole thing into a literate program and
actually understand what it is doing.  (I'd probably have to do that
much work anyway to figure out how to handle this.)

> Unfortunately, I cannot do serious things in LISP.

Well, I can't either ;-).  No point in letting that stop me though -
given enough head banging you can punch a hole in a brick wall :-).

Cheers,
CY

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265