Re: [Axiom-developer] No progress on notangle

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] No progress on notangle
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 01:26:10 +0100

On 02/19/2007 12:45 AM, C Y wrote:
Ralf, I take it what you expect, based on your example, is
that notangle will "fill in" the pile spacing used by each
chunk in the output?  Is this default behavior or does it
need an option?

Getting the indentation right is the default behaviour. But it can get rather complicated.

---BEGIN aaa.spad.pamphlet
<<*>>=
<<blah>><<foo>>
        bar
@
<<blah>>=
 XX
@
<<foo>>=
 YY
@
---END aaa.spad.pamphlet

What would you expect? Perhaps
=================
 XXy
         YY
        bar
=================
??? That is what I get with

notangle aaa.spad.pamphlet

Contrary to that with

notangle -L'#line %L "aaa.spad.pamphlet"%N' aaa.spad.pamphlet

I get

=============================
#line 7 "aaa.spad.pamphlet"
 XX
#line 11 "aaa.spad.pamphlet"
 YY
#line 4 "aaa.spad.pamphlet"
        bar
=============================

I must say I'm a bit confused - my original thought was that
all notangle had to do was get the code out of the chunks
"as is" line by line and stuff it into the output file in
the right order.  Can you point me to a couple examples of using
-L and what its effects/utility are?  (Sorry if they're in the
archives - I can try digging later.)

I know you have downloaded Aldor-Combinat. After saying "make dvi"
you find two types of .as files under the src directory.

series.as   -- generated without -L option
csseries.as -- generated with -L option.

Ignore the +++ comments since they are missing in the files that are not prefixed by cs.

But generally the indentation with -L is *exactly* as in the original source i.e. the .pamphlet/.nw file.

Ralf