RE: [Axiom-developer] status of windows version

From: C Y
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] status of windows version
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:32:56 -0800 (PST)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I guess wh-sandbox does not run under windows? (Bill said,
> > build-improvements does...)
>
> Yes, I have successfully built build-improvments on Windows.

Bill, is that result something we could wrap up in the NSIS installer
and push out as a release?

> Of course since there is no X-windows environment of Windows,
> hyperdoc and graphics are not built.

Maybe as an alternative to command-line-only we could bundle ntemacs
and the Emacs mode, and rig it to start that up when the icon is
clicked?  Axiom is big enough that a few more megs probably won't break
anybody's back, and we could always provide a "no-emacs" binary if
someone wanted it.

When I tested emacs mode + Axiom on Windows it did succeed, give or
take a bug in turning input red when it is changed.  (the latest cvs
emacs build fixed it but I doubt we would want to distribute that.)

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Windows box so I'm not much
help on this issue :-(.

Cheers,
CY

Need Mail bonding?