Re: [Axiom-developer] status of windows version

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] status of windows version
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:32:35 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

| Well, I actually intended to bulk-merge changes to build-improvements
| but some changes (like removal of DESTDIR) look backwards, some other

It is a mistake to defined DESTDIR in a Makefile.  The solution
I implemented in the build-improvements was a mild fix.  The real
fix is to remove the definition.  Which is what happened.

[...]

| 1) removal of unused code from compiler/interpreter

I'm nervous about code removal when I have not understood beyond "it
is dead code".  It does not mean I'm opposed to it.  I'm saying I'd
like to understand why the code is removed.

-- Gaby