adding new algebra, was: Re: [Axiom-developer] typo in the guessing pack

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: adding new algebra, was: Re: [Axiom-developer] typo in the guessing package pamphlet, was: Re: Algebra and literate documentation
Date: 08 Aug 2007 01:50:45 +0200

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> This works just as you describe - even with Gold.

great!

> But the problem occurred when Tim tried to add the necessary commands to the
> algebra/Makefile.pamphlet file to include the GUESS package in the standard
> build. This is the same problem that was originally reported by Alfredo
> Portes about this time last year.

Yes.  I recall describing on the list how to work around it by making the build
process semi-automatic, i.e., adding only the files in the first layer (i.e.,
RECOP, FAMR2, GOPT, etc.) to src/algebra/Makefile.pamphlet, finishing the
build, then adding the files in the second layer to Makefile.pamphlet, and
starting a new build, but specifying DAASE with

make DAASE=forgot/the/path/sorry

Too tired to look for the appropriate messages.

In any case, this semi-automatic build is stupid and can be avoided by using an
appropriate build scheme.  I guess, Tim is working on that.  Really, the
problem is the same as Franz Lehner's, I guess.

Martin