Re: adding new algebra, was: Re: [Axiom-developer] typo in the guessing

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: adding new algebra, was: Re: [Axiom-developer] typo in the guessing package pamphlet, was: Re: Algebra and literate documentation
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:49:41 -0400

On 08 Aug 2007 01:50:45 +0200, Martin Rubey wrote:
>  I recall describing on the list how to work around it by making the build
> process semi-automatic, i.e., adding only the files in the first layer (i.e.,
> RECOP, FAMR2, GOPT, etc.) to src/algebra/Makefile.pamphlet, finishing the
> build, then adding the files in the second layer to Makefile.pamphlet, and
> starting a new build, but specifying DAASE with
>
> make DAASE=forgot/the/path/sorry
>
> Too tired to look for the appropriate messages.

I think this is the right thread:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-09/msg00430.html

> In any case, this semi-automatic build is stupid and can be avoided by using
> an
> appropriate build scheme.  I guess, Tim is working on that.

I think your suggestions here:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-09/msg00491.html

"I guess that

* the daase files in int should be updated after every layer.

* after the first update, i.e., after LAYER0BOOTSTRAP or so, DAASE should point
  to int."

are right on.

Regards,
bill Page.