[Axiom-developer] Gold

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Gold
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 07:48:13 -0500

> Sounds like a plan ... I just started the build so it will be morning
> before I know if it worked. Meanwhile, when is the next scheduled
> "migration" of Silver to Golden? I'm trying to get Gentoo to replace the
> September 2005 tarball they have now with something newer.

Axiom's last Gold release was on Sept 1, 2007. Arch, Sourceforge CVS,
and Savannah CVS all contain the Sept 2007 sources. Sourceforge SVN
and git contain the Silver sources. Silver has the new )help.

As part of recovery of the project I am going back to the schedule
of Gold releases every 2 months. The major focus of change in the
next release will be more documentation, bug fixes, and regression
testing. You'll notice the difference if you look at the new test
messages which now report the number of tests that pass and fail.
Help documentation and regression tests are extracted from algebra
files at build time.

I'm also restructuring and documenting sman in src/sman/bookvol6.