Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL on an AMD64 Linux system?

From: M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL on an AMD64 Linux system?
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:21:00 -0700

root wrote:

> Axiom cannot use the installed lisp as it is currently configured.
> If you wish you could copy the obj/linux/bin/lisp to your system
> location and use it as your GCL image. The only change is that it
> links some routines used for communications to sman, which should
> be transparent for all other uses.

Ah -- I'll try that. Meanwhile, the Axiom build with gcl-2.6.7 completed
fine on the AMD64, so I guess 2.6.8pre2 is broken. One minor hitch:
apparently when you do a "make install", it's not doing a "mkdir -p":

address@hidden /home/axiom/silver $ sudo make install
78 installing Axiom in /usr/local/axiom
/bin/sh: /usr/local/axiom/mnt//bin/axiom: No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1

This is easy to work around, though:

address@hidden /home/axiom/silver $ sudo mkdir -p
/usr/local/axiom/mnt//bin
address@hidden /home/axiom/silver $ sudo make install
78 installing Axiom in /usr/local/axiom
79 Axiom installation finished.

Please add /usr/local/axiom/mnt//bin to your PATH variable
Start Axiom with the command axiom