Re: [Axiom-developer] Mailing List Etiquette

From: Ondrej Certik
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:18:57 +0200

> I have no objection to your participation in this mailing list but...
>
> > Then address@hidden is the answer :-)
>
> It is inappropriate behavior to advertise or advocate your project
> on this mailing list. You have private email as well as your own
> project mailing list. Please do not do this again.

I think you are just discouraging people with this behavior.

My own attitude, which I am not saying is the only one right, is that
I want my users to know about all the alternatives to my project and I
want them to discuss it and try it. So that when they are using my
project, it's because it's the best solution for them and not because
they don't know about the alternatives. First. And second, if some
other project is better than ours, of course I want to discuss it on
our mailinglist, so that we can either improve our own, or just stop
working on it and joing the other one, which is better. That said, of
course I wouldn't like it, when someone forks a project that I started
and worked for a long time. But that's life.

Ondrej