[Axiom-developer] axserver and hyperdoc

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] axserver and hyperdoc
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:43:50 -0400

Arthur,

> Should have mentioned I use nxml-mode in emacs to make sure
> my xml is well formed.

I finally figured it out. Although I'm still struggling with page
coloring. Coloring the page and fetching it directly as a file gives a
fully colored page. Fetching the page thru the axserver gives a
partially colored page. Style sheets and local decls are ignored.
How odd.

I rewrote your axserver output routine so it now looks exactly like
an axiom console session. I added syntax coloring to the output to
test Alasdair's requirement.

Much progress was made today. I can now do hyperdoc pages interacting
with Axiom directly. I've done pages for differentating, integrating
(definite and indefinite), and limits. Now I think the whole hyperdoc
page layout needs a lot of thought and work. Of course, I'm the last
person qualified to do GUI-based redesign. Now that the proof of
concept works perhaps someone on this list might want to take the
lead on a new design.

I'll upload a couple pages as an example for people to try.

Once I finish the page conversions I think we can completely replace
hyperdoc. This should happen shortly. I'm also looking to connect it
up to the help pages for the 95 domains I just documented.

Thanks for breaking this barrier.