[Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation directory

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation directory
Date: 17 Dec 2007 22:00:48 +0100

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> The following patch changes installation directory from
> $PREFIX/lib/axiom to $PREFIX/lib/fricas and the name of installed
> binary from $PREFIX/bin/axiom to $PREFIX/bin/fricas.
>
> I think that we should do this change to avoid conflicts with
> other Axiom flavours.

Waldek, I think this is not a very good idea.  I think that those who really
want to install several flavours of axiom in parallel, will find a way to do
that.

But for all the others, it just means that incompatibility is increased.  For
example, axiom.el would have to be customized for no good reason.

Please do not commit this change.

Martin