Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation directory
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:21:42 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, C Y wrote:

| --- Martin Rubey <address@hidden> wrote:
|
| > But they wouldn't!  Why would you think that any of your work was
| > lost when you install axiom after having installed friCAS?
|
| I think the concern here is accidentally overwriting an installation of
| Axiom with FriCAS, for example, or having the wrong library used due to
| path confusion.

People familiar with Axiom, FriCAS, and OpenAxiom know that they have
different installation procedure (even before Waldek's patch).  FriCAS had
the same procude as Axiom.build-improvements.  OpenAxiom later changed
the installation procedure.  Waldek's patch is was OpenAxiom used to
do in the earliest day (e.g. OpenAxiom-1.0.0).

It seems to me that we have more FUD that concrete data that we can
subject to rational analysis.

-- Gaby