Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation directory

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation directory
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:01:12 -0500

>| The name issue has already caused problems. William Stein of SAGE
>| believe he has Axiom installed when he actually has Fricas.
>
>Of course, both you and me cannot speak for William Stein, but there
>is strong evidence that he knows he has FriCAS.

Actually the Sage .spkg was named AxiomForSage or some such.

After William and I exchanged emails I believe he renamed the .spkg
to use FricasForSage but I've been too busy to check. From reading
the list it appears that Fricas is built directly from the lisp
but this is just Axiom's "int" directory's whole purpose in life.

Since I intend to promote the new browser-based hyperdoc to
the Sage audience it is important to distinguish the systems.
Unless OpenAxiom and Fricas implement the )browse machinery
there will be confusion.