Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation

From: root
Subject: Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation directory
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:06:03 -0500

>| >It seems to me that we have more FUD that concrete data that we can
>| >subject to rational analysis.
>|
>| Sigh. So you don't read the mailing lists. However, you'll remember
>| that Axiom was clobbered by the newer install on the windows platform.
>
>You reported that you fumbled your installation.  That is a different story.

So it's not FUD.

The problem is that they both use the same shell variable, command
name, initialization filename and path variable name. This is
unnecessary, confusing, and makes dual installations impossible.
CMUCL and SBCL, which differ because SBCL uses autoconf, do not
interfere with each other in any way.