Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom: fixed and fixed proposed bit vectors

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom: fixed and fixed proposed bit vectors
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:54:55 -0500

I must say that I do not like the sound of "fixed somewhere" - it
sounds too vague - but I understand the intent. Maybe it would be
better to write:

  "fixed as noted ..."

And then expect to find a comment saying in which versions/forks the
fix occurs. This is almost like you are doing now except for the
distinction between "as noted" and "proposed" (patch attached to the
bug report).

I don't think William intended 7 different statuses. The parameter can
be included as a comment. But I do not see any point in being so
cryptic.