Re: [Axiom-developer] Starting up the Firefox hyperdoc??

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Starting up the Firefox hyperdoc??
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:06:43 -0500

>I just installed Axiom from the SVN repository. When I start it, the
>"standard" Hyperdoc comes up. How do I get it to start up the Firefox
>version?

The new rootpage lives in $AXIOM/doc/hypertex/rootpage.xhtml

So if we assume that $AXIOM is something like /usr/local/axiom/mnt/fedora5
you do two steps:

1) start axiom and type
    )browse

   you should see a message about listening on port 8085

2) start firefox and go to your local machine with:

http://127.0.0.1:8085/usr/local/axiom/mnt/fedora5/doc/hypertex/rootpage.xhtml

   (that is, http://127.0.0.1:8085/$AXIOM/doc/hypertex/rootpage.xhtml
    but the browser does not understand shell variables)

   and you should see the new rootpage. Note that the page name ends in
   ".xhtml", not ".html"

Future releases will know the location and the URL will just include
the pagename, not the path.

To exit browse, just interrupt Axiom.  Note that the socket is not
properly closed so you cannot yet restart the )browse in the same
session once you exit. This will be fixed shortly.