Re: [Axiom-developer] Schaums-Axiom difference

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Schaums-Axiom difference
Date: 07 May 2008 10:19:29 +0200

> I see a lot of non-reduced exponents of the form:
>
>                      a log(z)
>                    %e

This is "by definition" equal to z^a.  I'd think it is rather a question of
output aesthetics whether we want to write z^a instead -- I'd say yes, we
should output z^a if a does not have a log factor.  For computation I'd believe
that %e^(a*log z) is better, especially because of

%e^(log x*log z) = x^log z = z^log x

Martin