Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [sage-devel] Re: Identification with ldap.

From: M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [sage-devel] Re: Identification with ldap.
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 18:05:49 -0700

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 22:02 -0400, root wrote:

> Do you want your code to live?

That's a very interesting question. When I was much younger, I used to
think I did. But when you realize that an awful lot of code isn't meant
to "live" -- it's meant to solve an immediate problem, and then be
discarded -- then you don't care whether it lives or not.

Axiom was clearly designed to live, rather than solve an immediate
problem. But how much code is out there that was designed with a 30-year
horizon?

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
ruby-perspectives.blogspot.com

"A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems." --
Alfréd Rényi via Paul Erdős