[Axiom-developer] Re: Hints

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Hints
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:20:24 -0400

Hello Alfredo,

Just recently (last month) I re-implemented this kind of "mathaction
assistant" for the 'edit' form on axiom-wiki. Because of the changes
in ZWiki, this customization was a little difficult. At the same time
I also re-implemented the preview button for comments, but I did not
add the assistant because no one had asked for it and I was also a
little worried about the total number of bytes that it adds to each
page. Larger pages size mean that they are slower to load and add a
bit more overhead to the server. I wasn't sure that it was worth it,
but if you think it would be a good thing, I could easily include the
same assistant at the bottom of the comments. Just let me know what
you think.

One problem I have now is that I seem to get very little feedback from users of

http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org

although access rates are still quite high. It seems I little awkward
to always cc the 3 Axiom-related developer email list just for things
like this (but in this case I'll do it anyway :). If you have any
ideas about how to improve this, I would be very interested.

BTW, I am in Austria all this weeking attending ISSAC and Axiom/Aldor
workshop. If you have any "Axiom" questions you would like to ask, now
is a good time to bring them up!