Re: [Fwd: Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom on Slackware]

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom on Slackware]
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:04:32 -0400

Hi Tim,

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 08:39:01AM -0400, root wrote:
> On slackware 12.2 I applied your patch to use the Xpm shared library.
> I built Axiom from scratch using the shared library.
> When I started Axiom the Hyperdoc browser shows a blank page.

Too strange! ;) Works fine for me on Slackware 12.1.0, which uses the same xpm
library version as 12.2.0.  I have also been using this patch on slackware
distros back to versions which provided a static lib.

This seems doubly strange in that linking the dynamic lib works for other
distros (the fedora 10 makefile, for example).

Perhaps when I upgrade a slackware machine I will revisit this issue.

Take care,
Steve