[Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] An axiom in ubuntu.

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] An axiom in ubuntu.
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 18:05:32 +0200

Francois Maltey <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed an new ubuntu 9.04 and try to install easily an axiom.
> In my school we'll very slowly migrate from MS-Win to Linux-Ubuntu for
> mathematics computations.
>
> I only find THE axiom, but this version is this one, and I get an
> error !

FriCAS is not in debian (or ubuntu for that matter).  If you really need
it, it's easy to make a debian package (I think greg just made one).

But it should be as easy to compile from the very recent distribution.
If you are not very unlucky, even a binary is available...

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=200168

Martin