Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:53:45 -0400

The frontpage of the website

http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org

and more specifically the following linked page

http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/AboutAxiom

Refers to all three "Axiom-related" projects (plus Reduce, Maxima,
Sage although I think Waldek has already disabled support for these
"non-Axiom" systems).  It would be good to review especially these
pages to help give users the right impression.

One thing in particular on the FrontPage that stands out is:

"The Axiom Foundation is our means to promote the development and
maintenance of the open source version of Axiom through the
dispersement of donations and royalties from Axiom Gear to support
Axiom-related projects and through theAward Of Bounties."

In fact there has been no such active "foundation" for more than 5
years!  A few days ago I checked and was surprised to see that there
is a balance of about $300 US in the donation paypal account from
almost 10 years ago,  I emailed Tim Daly and suggested that he might
be best situated to use these funds. He agreed and if no one raises
any objection here I will find some way to transfer the money to him
and remove all mention of the "Axiom Foundation" from the AxiomWiki.

Bill Page.