Re: [Axiom-developer] TexFormat with latex output

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] TexFormat with latex output
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 16:54:04 +0200

On 06/29/2014 03:52 PM, u1204 wrote:
> I haven't used the tex output from Axiom except to format
> the book. It seemed to work for most cases except for some
> long lines, if I remember correctly.

Oh... if you use the original awk files from NAGcdrom then my changes
will break everything. For the book I decided to be incompatible with
the original scripts and rather wrote my own scripts to deal with the
new output that I produce in my new TexFormat.

It depends now whether you want to stick to the old scripts and the
original style of the AXIOM book. I would have had to fix some scripts
anyway from NAGcdrom and some seemed to be missing, so I decided to do
it differently and build on LaTeX2e instead of the old LaTeX209. That
simplified quite a lot in the (now) fricas.sty file. I've removed a lot
of redundant definitions and rather built on latex packages that seem to
be pretty standard nowadays.

As for the style. As you see from http://fricas.github.io/book.pdf, the
current style of the book looks totally different from the original
AXIOM book. However, I've kept the original structure. So with a bit of
style file magic, it should be possible to restyle the book similar to
the original AXIOM book. I haven't done that since I think that content
was more important than keeping the original style.

> I do use the mathml output form for the Axiom browser output.
> It gets rendered in a <div> and seems to work fine.

I don't touch mathml at all.

Ralf