[Axiom-developer] Symbolic Algorithms Standards

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Symbolic Algorithms Standards
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 23:22:23 -0500

There appears to be at least two reasonable ways to collect data
needed to seed this effort.

One way is to collect details of current implementations.  To this end
I am building an instrumented version of Axiom with low-level trace
facilities. This will capture all of the supporting algorithms (like
GCDs) as well as the higher levels. It will also reveal details not
mentioned in papers.

The second way is to create a lattice of published papers and their
references. This will show a partial order of the publications and the
order of introduction of improvements.  Following the reference chain
minimizes the publication delays. To this end I've started a review
of the Axiom bibliography. I hope to put up a web page that shows
the publication lattice as it unfolds. More to come.