[Axiom-developer] permissions

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] permissions
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 00:24:22 -0500

I am documenting the differential forms issue that recently became
interesting, mostly due to Kurt Pagani's new code and examples.

Often, when I'm trying to understand an area well enough to write
clearly I come across documents and papers authored by others
because, you know, ... google. When that happens I ask for permission
to use their words and, almost always, I get permission.

In this instance, Jim Wheeler (Utah State) is the most recent person
to allow me to use his work.

I make sure that the people get added to the credits list and get
both bibliographic and in-text citations. Unfortunately I haven't
publicly acknowledged people who have generously consented on this
mailing list in the past and, since all of the email exchanges are
"off list", nobody really sees the generosity of our community.
I plan to change that in the future.

Thank you to all who have agreed in the past. Your excellent writing
and clear documentation is what will make Axiom survive.

Tim Daly