[Axiom-developer] GCL on Fedora

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] GCL on Fedora
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 20:07:58 -0500

I spent the day trying to debug why GCL build fails on Fedora
and Scientific Linux without success. The problem is not related
to selinux.

I can build the latest GCL on 64 bit machines using Ubuntu.
I can run the 64 bit executable on Fedora (so the shared libraries
seem to be fine).

I cannot build GCL on Fedora. Either the problem is with configure
or something about make seems broken. The build seems to skip
the order of the rules in the makefile, jumping immediately to the
install stanza. Further, the $prefix variable doesn't seem to be set.

I will try again tomorrow.