Re: [Axiom-developer] 20170401 sources

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] 20170401 sources
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 15:41:07 -0400

Camm,

13pre builds. Thanks.
I'll work on getting Axiom built on it and let you know when that works.

Tim

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 8:21 AM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings!

Tim Daly <address@hidden> writes:

> Oh. Sigh.
>
> I will look into fixing this. This breaks the function <-> filename
> correspondence so it is a slightly deeper issue.

Great!  Please keep me posted as I'd like to see how this builds in
Debian before releasing a new GCL.

> Btw, do you have a version of GCL that will build on Ubuntu 16.04?
> It appears they changed the default 'standard' for C so 'inline' no
> longer works properly. I'm unable to get Axiom to build on any system
> later than Ubuntu 14.04.

One can fix this with a CFLAGS setting if I recall, but the issue is
fixed in git.

git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gcl.git
cd gcl/gcl
git checkout Version_2_6_13pre