calendula-devel

[Calendula-devel] Eye ahead

From: Darryl Caldwell
Subject: [Calendula-devel] Eye ahead
Date: 28 Feb 2004 17:50:44 -0800

Hi Calendula folks,

I haven't posted any messages for a while because I have been busy with
other consulting work. However I have of late been doing more outreach
work with nonprofits around me. I've mentioned it some of this the
Debian NP list, which I know a few of you are also on.

In my outreach, the Calendula project comes up in conversation and I can
see that there is a great interest in getting something into
productions. No surprises there.

My current plans are to produce a working, web-based throw-away version
ASAP, so that non-technical folks can grasp the FULL power of the Force
(uh I mean, of Free Software).

I recently drew a crude rendering of a diagram of the interface. After
which, I ran it by a seasoned nonprofit development director. Since then
I went to seminar where another development director, who consults with
other nonprofits on fundraising system management, gave a run down of
the important features she felt all systems must have. I will work these
concepts into what I have and produce a PNG image for you all to view. I
hope some of you will have comments/input. A good example of this is
action tracking: "Had lunch with John today, mentioned that he would be
ready to make a large gift in June. Next action: June reminder."

If you are interested in helping. I suggest you acquaint yourselves with
python, Zope, and postgreSQL

-D

--
Darryl Caldwell address@hidden