Re: [Chicken-users] Re: srfi-18 and dynamic wind problem

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: srfi-18 and dynamic wind problem
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 00:23:08 +0100

On 7 Apr 2008, at 11:51 pm, Hans Bulfone wrote:

semantically you are right but i don't know how easy this is for the
default handler which is probably just a procedure and not defined
with handle-exceptions or something.

at least you can't just wrap everything the compiler sees in a
handle-exceptions because then there would be no more toplevel
expressions :)

Ah... good point, perhaps.

In that case, a default handler which just manually peeks inside
wherever dynamic-wind keeps its state and unwinds it all would be the
thing, I guess...

(I must resist the urge to check out the sources from SVN and take a
look. It's gone midnight; I ought to be asleep...)

it requires some sort of process-exit-continuation... where the
continuation would actually be the process who wait()s for the exit
status of the chicken process :)

The way threads and processes work so neatly in CPS never ceases to
make me smile ;-)

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym