classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT build in infobus

From: Andrew Selkirk
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT build in infobus
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 02:27:49 -0500

There seems to be some valid concerns regarding the use of ANT in classpathx.
What is classpathx's position regarding it?  I ask because I'm not the only
classpathx project that is using it so this appears to be an issue that needs
to be clarified.

On December 2, 2001 10:56 pm, David Brownell wrote:
> > ANT is awesome
>
> Does it work with GCJ?

Yes it does.  ANT supports various compilers.

> And there is that issue that GNU has a standard for build
> procedures and it uses automake/autoconf not ANT.

Is there a document someone can point me to (with URL) that outlines all the
expectations of a GNU project?  If this is indeed a requirement that applies
to classpathx projects, then it should be provided.  Would there be a problem
if ANT build scripts were also included?

Andrew...