classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT and JUNIT issues

From: Andrew Selkirk
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT and JUNIT issues
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:20:20 -0500

On December 3, 2001 05:35 am, Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> At 09:37 AM 12/3/01 +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:
>
>        <java classname="test.AllTests"
>              fork="yes" taskname="junit" failonerror="true">
>           <classpath>
>              <pathelement location="${test.jar}"/>
>              <pathelement location="${main.jar}"/>
>              <pathelement location="${junit.jar}"/>
>           </classpath>
>        </java>
>     </target>

Question for ya.  I've wondered the necessitiy of the AllTests test suite
class in a junit/ant system.  Instead of hard coding all the tests in a class
creating a point of failure, I find it much more useful to use ANT's power to
search for all the tests and execute them.  I use a standard naming
convention on them so they are easy to find.  I also allow a runtime property
if you want to dynamically generate a subset test suite:
  ant test -Dtest=event
The test property (if is exists) provides a filter on the directory structure
since the packages in a class namespace are generally unique.

Have you found the same?  Thoughts?

Andrew...