classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Problems with MimeMessage.setSubject() and UTF8

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Problems with MimeMessage.setSubject() and UTF8
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:30:54 +0100

Øyvind Harboe wrote:
MimeMessage.setSubject() appears to not handle the case where a string
contains only e.g. Japaneese characters.

The culprit appears to be in MimeUntility.encodeWord().

asciiStatus() returns 1 on the string I pass in to setSubject()...

i've committed a fix which tests successfully against the code you attached, let me know how it goes for you.
--
chris burdess