classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Help needed gnu classpathx mail

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Help needed gnu classpathx mail
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:40:38 +0000

Chris B. wrote:
> Admittedly I havn't looked at this problem close enough to see exactly
> what's going on here, but I think I roughly understand the situation...
>
> But it seems to me the problem could probably be solved pretty easily by
> dropping the "implements StatusSource" from MboxStore, and creating a
> new class "MboxStoreWithStatusSource" that implements the interface
> StatusSource and extends MboxStore. Leave the actual implementation
> inside MboxStore. MboxStoreWithStatusSource would be an empty class.
>
> That way people can use their config file to use either one. If they use
> the plain MboxStore, I don't think Java will try and pull in
> StatusSource and everything will be groovy.

following discussions with nic, we're now distributing gnu javamail as 2
jars: gnumail.jar contains just the api and mime support classes, and
providers.jar contains the providers and their utility classes. both
depend on inetlib.

the current build scripts also allow you to build the javadoc. this may
be a problem for some people who don't have a javadoc tool on their
system. i'm looking into this as well as supporting gjdoc via that
mechanism. let me know if either of these issues affects you.
--
Chris Burdess