classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Getting only latest X messages of a newsgroup

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Getting only latest X messages of a newsgroup
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 08:41:33 +0100

Cedric Hyppolite wrote:
I am trying to find a way to download only the latest post to a newsgroup.
Is there a way to do this with the current API ?

As far as I can see there isn't a way to do this with the JavaMail API. You can do it pretty easily with the inetlib interface.

If you have any suggestions as to how this might be implemented using property extensions to the JavaMail nntp provider we could look at that.
--
犬 Chris Burdess
  "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety