classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] Tranformer for servlets

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] Tranformer for servlets
Date: 17 Jan 2002 13:11:53 +0000

I've been involved with an XSLT app on a contract I'm working
on... Currently we call the transformer on a servlet which adds some
app specific logic to the transform process.

To do that we call the servlet by constructing a URL and opening a
stream to it.

The trouble is we're doing that from inside another servlet (on the
same container, in fact in the same webapp).

It seems to me that it would be better to have a StreamSource that
could take a RequestDispatcher. Then a StreamSource could be
constructed via an internal servlet to servlet call.

Anybody think this is a good idea?

Nic Ferrier