classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] jaxp doesn't build with latest GCJ

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] jaxp doesn't build with latest GCJ
Date: 12 Apr 2002 02:30:09 +0100

I'm using the development branch of GCJ and something seems to be
going wrong when compiling.

Here's the error message:

./source/gnu/xml/dom/DomNsNode.java: In class `gnu.xml.dom.DomNsNode':
./source/gnu/xml/dom/DomNsNode.java: In method
`gnu.xml.dom.DomNsNode.setPrefix(java.lang.String)':
./source/gnu/xml/dom/DomNsNode.java:137: No method named `getNodeType' in scope.
            if (namespace != null || getNodeType () != ATTRIBUTE_NODE)
                                        ^
1 error

It seems to be the correct error message becaue I can't find a method:

  getNodeType()

in the class DomNsNode.java or in DomNode.java.

Is this just due to work in progress?

btw I've finally got the new Makefile system working. There is a shell
script which generates the Makefile from a template (a bit like
automake). There is also an aclocal file which abstracts the choice
of compiler.

I'll create a jaxp module and tar it up for all you developers.

Nic