classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Proposal for the ISO character entity bug in gnujax

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Proposal for the ISO character entity bug in gnujaxp
Date: 13 Oct 2002 12:30:16 +0000

Arnaud Vandyck <address@hidden> writes:

> Please boys, be indulgent for my first patch ever! :-) If I gave to
> many descriptions (too verboze?), if the patch format is not good, if
> there is a problem, let me know. If my english is not very good, well,
> don't let me know, I already do :-)
>
> These commands patch the good file:
>
> # cd jaxp_root
> # patch -p1 < ../jaxp-char-entities-patch-20021012.diff
>
> This is also the first time I use the diff and patch commands!
>
> I hope this helps, have a nice day/night :-)

I haven't had time to look at the patch yet but I wanted to give
immediate feedback.

This is exactly the sort of thing a maintainer wants when people give
patches. A good clear description of the problem and a decent patch.

Cheers.

I'll let you know about the tests I do: I have an app that does quite
a lot of DOM work so I can run it with that to find out whether it
works.

We really should try and create a test frame for GNU JAXP. Anybody
have any views on that?

Nic